I may be 23 years old, but I still can’t seem to get over the hitch that I (almost) always crave something sweet over savory for breakfast. I wish I was one of those people who could truthfully claim that my morning meals consist of avocado toast and eggs or something like that, but instead I’m the girl who wants muffins or scones. Of course if that weren’t the case, I probably wouldn’t have ever started this little blog of mine, soooo I guess something good can come out of eating a little bit of sugar for breakfast. :p
Anyhow, these days, my routine is pretty… routine. Working 8-5 M-F and loving sleep as much as I do means breakfast better be ready to grab-and-go. The only thing I’m actually making in the morning is my iced coffee, which consists of 3 easy-peasy ingredients (cold brew + milk + creamer). And this week, the creamer is playing double duty becauuuuse I used it for muffins too! That’s right: one-bowl, super-simple chocolate chip muffins made with vanilla coffee creamer. You get your flavor, your sweetness, and your moisture-adding ingredient all in one, and since I just discovered International Delight’s new Simply Pure creamer (made with real milk, cream, and sugar), I don’t feel bad about it AT ALL.
So while these muffins are not fancy in any way, shape, or form, they are easy to whip up and perfect for satisfying that little sweet-tooth craving you might have in the mornings (or afternoons, or evenings, or whenever really). And obviously, they go pretty well with a cup of coffee too. ;)
One-Bowl Glazed Chocolate Chip Muffins
A super-simple recipe for classic chocolate chip muffins with a sweet vanilla glaze.
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 9 ½ ounces (1 cup) International Delight Simply Pure Vanilla coffee creamer*
- 2 ⅝ ounces (⅓ cup) coconut oil, melted**
- 2 ⅜ ounces (⅓ cup) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 ⅝ ounces (2 ½ cups, spoon and level) all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces (1 cup) chocolate chips
- 4 ounces (1 cup) confectioner’s sugar
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) salted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons International Delight Simply Pure Vanilla coffee creamer*
- pinch of salt
Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the creamer, melted coconut oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until smoothly combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt and fold in just until evenly incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips until dispersed.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared muffin liners. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the muffins comes out clean.
- Cool muffins in pan for about 10 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before glazing.
- In a medium/large bowl, whisk together the confectioner’s sugar, melted butter, creamer, and salt until smoothly combined. If needed, add a bit more creamer to reach desired consistancy for glazing muffins.
- Spoon glaze onto muffins and allow to drizzle down sides. Let set before serving.
- Muffins can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
*Check here to find out where Simple Pure is available in your area.
**I’m sure you could use vegetable or canola oil here as well, if you prefer
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.