How do you feel about the whole mini dessert thing? Because honestly, my typical answer is usually "no, no, no, no, NO". I know they're cute and all, but mini + dessert just doesn't exist in my vocabulary. I like my desserts full-sized, thankyouverymuch.
So obviously, I'm breaking my own rules here because these little shot-sized no-bake cheesecakes are 100% mini, but in this case mini = perfect. This is the part where I tell you that I'm not super-crazy about cheesecake and I'm okay with only having a little bit of it. Cheesecake shooters mean you can just have those couple bites, get your cheesecake fix, and skip all the guilt of eating an entire slice. (That being said, if you love cheesecake, have a full slice every now and then - I support you all the way.)
The bonus is that these really, really do taste like pumpkin cheesecake even though they're no-bake and therefore a total cheater's version of the real deal. I used an oreo cookie crust for the base because I require that all my desserts contain chocolate (<----- that's real), and I love that it gives it that whole halloween vibe too, but you could def swap out a graham cracker base and make it more like a traditional cheesecake (think Thanksgiving? - YES). Being that they're mini mini mini you could for sure have more than one OR just sneak little bites throughout the day/devour one in the afternoon without thinking twice. It's whatever. :)
Bonus #2 is that these are so so easy to make. I've yet to try my hand at a legit cheesecake, but I'm totally certain that it requires more skill than the layer-making abilities that you see here. This route is also wayyy faster, and assuming that you're making these so you can have a quick-fix shot of dessert, fast sounds like a good thing to me.
And bonus #3... CUTENESS.
No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Shooters
Just a shot of no-bake pumpkin cheesecake with an oreo cookie crust and light whipped cream - for the perfect fall dessert that hits the spot without filling you up.
- Yield: 6 shooters 1x
Oreo Cookie Crust
- ⅞ ounce (3 tablespoons) oreo cookie crumbs (using cookies without cream)
- ½ ounce (1 tablespoon) unsalted butter, melted
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cold
- 3 ounces (⅜ cup) canned pumpkin, cold
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- heavy pinch of nutmeg
- heavy pinch of ginger
- heavy pinch of all spice
- pinch of salt
- 2 ounces (¼ cup) heavy cream
- 4 ⅛ ounces (½ cup) heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- oreo cookie crumbs (without cream)
- oreo cookie halves (without cream)
- Mix the melted butter into the oreo crumbs to combine. Divide mixture evenly between shooter glasses and press into the bottom of each in a compact layer.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling
- In a bowl or stand mixer, whisk together the cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar, sour cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and all spice until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream JUST until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the pumpkin cream cheese mixture just until evenly combined.
- Pipe or spoon filling into each glass, dividing evenly between.*
- In a bowl, whip the heavy cream until thickened. Add the sugar and continue to whip just until stiff peaks form. Pipe or dollop over top of pumpkin filling in each glass. Refrigerate until ready to serve.**
Garnishing and Serving
- Just before serving, sprinkle the top of each shooter with oreo cookie crumbs, and, if desired, top each with a oreo cookie halve.
*Depending on the size of the shooter glasses you use, you may have extra filling left over. I used 1 ½ ounce glasses.
**If possible, transfer glasses to a tall airtight container before refrigerating. Otherwise, these can be kept uncovered in the fridge for up to a couple hours.
I used an Ateco #808 round tip to pipe the filling and frosting for these.
For more recipes and other food-related tidbits, stick around and subscribe to receive new blog updates by e-mail or RSS. You can also find recipes by category in the recipe index.
Copyright protected by Digiprove © 2014-2019
These are so cute! I love me some mini desserts, and the fact that they're mini just means I can eat more of them!
Haha thanks Natasha!
Chineka @ Savor The Baking says
These shooters look so good and creamy. The homemade whipped cream looks so fluffy and sweet. Great post for the season!
Lindsey @ American Heritage Cooking says
I love mini desserts! They are cute and I don't feel guilty eating 3 of them! Probably net-loss for me but whatevs, who's counting?! These shooters look delicious and crazy easy!
The only sensible way to do it is to eat 3 :)
haha I do like mini desserts - they are so cute! And I just eat a few :) lol they are mini after all right??? I don't know about my logic...
These sound delicious!!
That logic sounds about right to me!