CANDIED ORANGE PEEL
HOW TO MAKE
With just sugar, water, and fresh oranges, you can make your own candied orange peel! You can even dip them in chocolate for an extra treat. This makes a great holiday gift!
1. Start with whole, rinsed oranges. Slice off the top and bottom, and then score the peel into quarters.
2. Remove the peel, including the white pith, and slice it into 1/4" wide strips.
3. Transfer the strips of peel to a medium saucepan and cover with cold water.
4. Bring to a boil, and then strain peels from water. Repeat this process at least 3 times to blanch the peels.
5. Once done, set peels aside. Combine sugar and water in the empty saucepan and whisk together.
6. Simmer for 8-9 minutes. The mixture should reach about 230°F-235°F.
7. Add orange peel and cook at a simmer until the white part (pith) is translucent.
8. Drain peels from syrup, toss in sugar, and leave on a rack to dry.
"Have tried many other recipes but this is by far the best. It is relatively quick, very reliable and tastes delicious." -Sylvia
Bookmark this easy recipe at www.brighteyedbaker.com