You know how all the magazines are coming out with their fall clothing lines, and advertising that it’s time to buy warm tops and cute sweaters and all that? Well I don’t know about you, but last time I checked, it’s still hot where I am. That is, 90-100 degree temperatures hot. And when hot weather strikes, so do my cravings for something cold and refreshing, aka frozen yogurt. These kinds of cravings can’t always wait for me to either a) make up a “legitimate” excuse to go out for fro-yo, or b) make frozen yogurt and wait for it to freeze in my ice cream maker. Luckily, I have a little trick up my sleeve: 5-minute fruit frozen yogurt.
Not only can you make this fruity, creamy, and naturally sweet frozen yogurt as soon as your cravings hit, but you can also use it as an excuse to skip the gym, because it’s totally healthy. (Okay, maybe you still shouldn’t skip the gym, but it really is healthy.) Three all-natural ingredients and five minutes are all that sits between you and a fresh, simple, and simply delightful bowl of fruity fro-yo. What are you waiting for?Print
5-Minute Fruit Frozen Yogurt
This cool and refreshing frozen yogurt can be made in 5 minutes with your fruit of choice. It’s healthy, simple, and perfect for summer cravings!
- Yield: 1 bowl 1x
- 1/2 cup yogurt (I use Greek)
- 1–1/2 teaspoons honey*
- 2 cups chopped frozen fruit
- extra chopped frozen fruit for topping, optional
- Note: Keep the chopped fruit in the freezer right until you’re ready to place it in the blender.
- Place yogurt and honey in blender. Add chopped frozen fruit on top. Blend just until no pieces of fruit remain. If you blend longer, you’ll end up with a smoothie (if this happens, you can place it in the freezer for a bit).
- Place in bowl, add optional chopped frozen fruit on top, and enjoy immediately.
*If you’re using a tart fruit, like cranberries, you may need to add more honey.