Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars

by alexandra

Post image for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars

Peanut Butter. Chocolate Chips. Cookie Bars.

ALL IN ONE.

Yes, please.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars

I’m pretty sure the whole word loves the combo of peanut butter and chocolate. The most popular recipe I’ve ever posted seems to be proof of that. And these bars? Pure awesomeness. Dense with peanut butter, sweet, loaded with chocolate chips, and ready to put in the oven in about 5 minutes (unless you’re me, in which case it might take 10). Can it get any better?

Probably not, unless you don’t follow some very wise instructions in the recipe and decide to slice the bars while they’re still warm. They’ll be messy – oh yes – but they’ll also be full of ooey-gooey peanut butter and chocolate goodness.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars

The recipe for these bars is over at Best Friends for Frosting, where I contribute a dessert recipe once a month (it’s all desserts, every day on the site!). Are you still reading? Because by now you should be clicking on that link and pulling out the peanut butter. :)

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars

Please tell me you love peanut butter with chocolate as much as I do. What other chocolate combinations do you love?

{ 19 comments… read them below or add one }

Meghan January 13, 2013

Not only do I love, love, love chocolate & peanut butter BUT I adore chocolate & raspberry!
Meghan recently posted..Pinterest Slow Cooker Challenge…Accepted!My Profile

alexandra January 14, 2013

Chocolate and raspberry is a fantastic combo as well, I agree!

Izy January 13, 2013

Looks like I’m not the only one combining desserts into bar form ;) haha
They look sooo gooey and amazing!!
Izy recently posted..Peanut Butter Cup S’moreo BarsMy Profile

alexandra January 14, 2013

Okay, very true! Great minds think alike, right?
Thank you!

Laura (Tutti Dolci) January 13, 2013

You can do no wrong when it comes to PB and chocolate. Love these bars!
Laura (Tutti Dolci) recently posted..cookie butter-toffee barsMy Profile

alexandra January 14, 2013

Totally agree! Thanks Laura

Ashley January 14, 2013

Gah, I love peanut butter and chocolate. Hands down my favorite flavor combination. Although I also love peanut butter, chocolate and oats. Yummmm
Ashley recently posted..Oatmeal Raisin Energy Bites (No Bake)My Profile

alexandra January 15, 2013

PB with chocolate AND oats, eh? Like in cookies,or oatmeal, or what? Or just anything where the oat adds texture? Anyway, sounds good to me!

sally @ sallys baking addiction January 14, 2013

yes! i love love love peanut butter and chocolate as much as you do. is there no better combination? I do love chocolate and mint too. and peanut butter and jelly! and peanut butter and white chocolate. :) I could go on forever. These look incredible. I love baking cookie bars!
sally @ sallys baking addiction recently posted..SBA’s 200th post: Dedication to my Readers.My Profile

alexandra January 15, 2013

All of those sound right up my alley. :) And yay for another PB&J lover! Thank you for taking your enthusiasm way past chocolate :) And I don’t think I’ve ever had peanut butter with white chocolate… I need to get on that!

Joy @ Baking-Joy January 14, 2013

These look amazing! Chocolate and peanut butter is the best combination in the world…fact! :-)
Joy @ Baking-Joy recently posted..Homemade raspberry jamMy Profile

alexandra January 15, 2013

Hah :) Best combination ever… I like it!

Erika January 14, 2013

Nooo I’m working from home and would love nothing better than to whip out the peanut butter…but the sugar. I’m trying to resist. But I LOVE love love pb + chocolate. And chocolate + fruit–raspberries, cherries, strawberries. Chocolate + cinnamon is always interesting (I <3 Love and Olive Oil's chocolate churro cupcakes). Chocolate + EVERYTHING!! Lovely pics, as usual :)
Erika recently posted..60-cal Date Newton BitesMy Profile

alexandra January 15, 2013

Still avoiding sugar? How’s that been going?
And I agree chocolate with fruit, chocolate with cinnamon, but most especially chocolate with everything!
Thanks so much Erika, your sweet comments always make my day!

Shea Goldstein January 14, 2013

Chocolate and bacon. Not even kidding!! Your bars look fantastic!
Shea Goldstein recently posted..Perfect Sesame BunsMy Profile

alexandra January 15, 2013

That’s one combo I have yet to try! But I’ve heard of it… I guess there must be something to it!

Shea Goldstein January 15, 2013

Girl…it’s amazing.
Shea Goldstein recently posted..Perfect Sesame BunsMy Profile

Riley January 20, 2013

I have to say, I love peanut butter! And anything! So these bars looked delicious! Fairly easy to make and good in the end! Love this recipe! Great for pb lovers :) Thanks so much!
ps. I love chocolate pb and banana!

alexandra January 22, 2013

Thanks! And chocolate with pb AND banana sounds like a winning combination; I’m thinking banana bread maybe? :) That would be good! I also love just plain old pb and banana, and also pb and honey, and pb, banana, and honey!